Dependant Projects

Help
gidyn
2011-05-29
2012-12-06
  • gidyn
    gidyn
    2011-05-29

I have projects A and B open; A imports B. Would it be possible for scion to bind A against the in-place build of B, so that changes to B are immediately reflected in A?

• Yep. It's very handy.

My two cents: if project includes library and executable, and exe depends on it, eclipseFP throws following:

GHC:<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id ***-0.1-inplace

This needed in big projects like BuildWrapper

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2011-10-11

This is exactly what buildwrapper is supposed to address: references between components inside a project. But since the buildwrapper project itself uses that feature of Cabal, buildwrapper doesn't build properly on the current version of EclipseFP (-: What gidyn is asking is between projects. For the moment there is nothing in place to do that, but we could imagine an integration with cabal-dev that automatically installs the project in a special package database.

• Han Joosten
    Han Joosten
    2011-10-13

I have the impression that standard references are mixed up in a way. Let me explain:

like gidyn, I also have two projects open, A and B, where B imports A.

In the project explorer, I see that there are two GHC Libraries in project A:
    1)  <$ProgramFiles(x86)>\Haskell Platform\2011.2.0\lib\package.conf.d
    2)  <$HOMEPATH>\AppData\Roaming\ghc\i386-mingw32-7.0.3\package.conf.d

The same two libraries are available with project B.

Now there are several ways to build the library of project A:

1) by invoking cabal install from EclipsFP. and select 'install only for current user'
        This will install the library in
            <$HOMEPATH>\AppData\Roaming\cabal\&nbsp;      (NOTE the difference with the above mentioned two)
    2) by invoking cabal install from ExlipseFP and select
         This does not work from me (and likewise more peopel) because of the lack of authorisation
    3) by opening a cmd shell, go to the project directory and enter: cabal install
         This has the same effect as 1). as you might expect.

I have installed everything with default values, as far as I know. So why is this library not available in project B? (and A)
       <$HOMEPATH>\AppData\Roaming\cabal\&nbsp;

And what is the difference between these libraries?

Cheers,

Han Joosten