Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Recompile when Dependancy is Recompiled

Help
gidyn
2011-05-08
2012-12-06
  • gidyn
    gidyn
    2011-05-08

I am working on packages A and B, where B imports A. If I change A and recompile, GHC will consider B to be broken, even if the API has not changed. Instead of recompiling B, scion will grumble about the missing A-0.1-oldID dependency. Even if I delete .dist-scion and reinstall B from the command line, eclipseFP seems to behave as if the old A was still installed.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2011-05-09

My github version of scion will now clean cabal automatically when GHC sends a "cannot satisfy -package-id" error. I'm not too sure if the GHC session will realize all the time when things I've changed, even with that, though. If you see cases where it doesn't seem to update, report them. In the meantime, closing and reopening the project should do the trick (if you don't use the githubg version, delete .dist-scion, close the projet and reopen it.

• gidyn
    gidyn
    2011-05-10

Thanks for the fix. I'm using the EclipseFP update site; when are you planning the next release?

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2011-05-10

I don't know, really, but there's nothing stopping us releasing soonish, there are still a few bugs that I'm aware of. The problem here is that you may find it doesn't solve your problem 100%; that's why I was suggesting trying to get the current dev version to see, but I understand you may have better things to do (-: