Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unable to create Yesod project (on Mac)

Help
2013-05-30
2014-01-20
  • Flood Delta
    Flood Delta
    2013-05-30

Hi there!

On my freshly installed Macbook Pro (Mountain Lion 10.8.3), for both the previous Haskell distribution (2012) and the new 2013.2, EclipseFP fails to create a Yesod project. Creating a normal Haskell project or a Snap project work fine.

The error message I receive for sample project "testY3" is:

buildwrapper: /Users/flooddelta/Documents/workspace/testY3/testY3.cabal: canonicalizePath: does not exist (No such file or directory)
    You are using a version of cabal-install that has the --only-dependencies flag
    to the install command. Invoking that instead...
    cabal: No cabal file found.
    Please create a package description file <pkgname>.cabal
    buildwrapper: /Users/flooddelta/Documents/workspace/testY3/testY3.cabal: canonicalizePath: does not exist (No such file or directory)

I am using the latest version of Eclipse Juno.

Any idea? The resulting project is completely empty in Eclipse, except for the references to the GHC libraries.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2014-01-20

Sorry for the lack of reply, SourceForge had decided your message was spam. This should have been fixed in later version of buildwrapper.