Help
krisiun
2006-06-24
2012-12-06
  • krisiun
    krisiun
    2006-06-24

Hi,

I'm using winXP x64, ghc 6.4.2, java 1.5.0_06 and eclipse 3.2.0. I set a path to ghc.exe in eclipse's preferences. But I can't compile anything, when I press run or rebuild all nothing happens and in Haskell compiler output window all the time is the same text: "The compiler output appears here.
    (If you have turned it on in the Preferences.)".

Any ideas?

• Leif Frenzel
      Leif Frenzel
      2006-06-24

Hi,

Hm, I assume you actually have turned on 'Show compiler output' in the Preferences? (Window > Preferences > Functional Programming > Haskell > GHC, or something similar, I'm currently not on a machine where I can run EclipseFP, so the actual preference page names may be somewhat different ...)

Could you have a look at the workspace log (usually at yourWorkspaceLocation>/.metadata/.log) if there is more info?

Ciao,
      Leif

• krisiun
        krisiun
        2006-06-24

I just cleaned the project and it started to compile. Thanks for fast reply.

• Andrew Frank
      Andrew Frank
      2006-07-30

we have exeperienced something similar -- in our cases one of the project file ".project" lost its content. it was sufficient to create a new haskell project and then to copy over the content of the same file into the existing but reduced file in the affected project.
      hope this info helps - it is from memory...

andrew