Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Haskell Not Working

Help
patters
2006-03-24
2012-12-06
  • patters
    patters
    2006-03-24

I just installed eclipse v3.1.2 on my machine. I am using Fedora Core 4. After installing the Haskell plugins through the eclipse installer I am unable to do anything with Haskell. When I try to change to Haskell perspective I get the following error...

Problems opening perspective 'de.leiffrenzel.fp.haskell.ui.HaskellPerspective'

When I try to create a Haskell Project I get this error....

The selected wizard could not be started.
    Reason:
    Plug-in de.leiffrenzel.fp.haskell.ui was unable to load class 

• patters
      patters
      2006-03-24

oops...error continued

When I try to create a Haskell Project I get this error....

The selected wizard could not be started.
      Reason:
      Plug-in de.leiffrenzel.fp.haskell.ui was unable to load class de.leiffrenzel.fp.haskell.ui.wizards.NewHaskellProjectWizard

• I have the exact same problem. Please Help!

• Leif Frenzel
      Leif Frenzel
      2006-03-29

Hi,

this may have to do with the Java version. EclipseFP requires Java 5. (If you look through the mailing list archives, there are some similar problems.)

You can ensure that you are actually running Java 5 from Eclipse's Help > About > Configuration Details. Look e.g. for the java.runtime.version property.

Apart from that, there may be more info about the problem in the workspace log (in the .metadata/.log file in your worksspace location).

Ciao,
      Leif