Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Functions, Types etc... from imported modules

Help
asop
2012-11-18
2012-12-06
  • asop
    asop
    2012-11-18

Hi, currently in the "Outline" window, only functions, types etc. defined in the current file are visible. If you define a function in another module, and then import that module, the functions in that module are not visible in the "Outline" window.  It might be beneficial to have a tickbox allowing for a local mode and global mode. In local mode only stuff defined in current file is visible (as is currently implemented) and under global mode all functions, types etc… defined in modules which are imported are also visible. Thanks

• asop
    asop
    2012-11-18

Also under "global" mode, when one clicks on a function/type, then one is automatically taken to the file and correct line number where the relevant structure/function is defined. Thanks.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-11-18

I don't really see the interest. I'm happy to get pull requests, though.

• asop
    asop
    2012-11-19

Hi, no I dont want to make a feature request for it because I do not really have enough experience programming in haskell and enough experience with using existing functionality in EclipseFP to know whether such a thing would be useful.

I just thought I should mention it .

Thanks