Null pointer exception. Saving haskell module

Help
Anonymous
2009-12-28
2012-12-06

• Anonymous
    2009-12-28

I get a null pointer exception when saving a haskell module that is not part of a haskell project. I work on a lot of projects with mixed languages so I can't get away from this situation. Does anyone know of a work around?

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2010-01-06

Hello, sorry for the delay in replying due to the holiday season.<br> I believe that in Eclipse a project can be several things, so the easiest would probably be to make your project a Haskell project too. Edit the .project file at the root of your project to add a net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.core.project.HaskellNature nature in the natures tag, and add the net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.core.builder.HaskellBuilder builder in the buildSpec. You'll also need the .hsproject file at the root, even though this file is being deprecated and will be removed soon (we use the Cabal info).I suggest you create a new haskell project and copy over the relevant lines from .project and the .hsproject file.<br>
    Hope this helps

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2010-05-28

Anyway, in version 1.111 (the next version I'll release very soon) I have tested it and fixed 2 NullPointer. It's now possible to save a Haskell File outside an Haskell project