HLint

Help
2012-12-21
2012-12-27
  • Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-21

Should I expect to see hlint comments in the editor window ? Or am I looking in the wrong place ?

Have setup the path to the hlint exec and running manually shows there are issues.

Just not seeing them in the ide.

Thanks

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-21

Yes, they should appear when you build the project. Make sure the HLint builder appears in the list of builders (beside the Haskell Builder) for your Haskell project.

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-21

Yeah it's in the list. Have

UUAGC, Happy, Alex, HLint & Haskel. In that order.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-21

Mmmhh... They should show up as warnings, as with warnings from compilation, yes... I suppose you're 100% sure the HLint path in the preferences is correct... Nothing in the error log?

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-21

Yeah the path in the helper is correct. Nothing in the workspace .log file to note.
    Nothing in the error list.
    Only thing in buildwrapper console is

configuring because setup_config not present

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-21

HLint is handled directly by Eclipse, not by buildwrapper. But you do "build" the project, do you? Just modifying the source code may not trigger a build if you're not in auto build. Otherwise I'll check tonight if there's any issue (it's morning where I am and I'm in work, so no time to check).

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-21

Yeah, have a tried a clean build with no diff.

Thanks.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-26

No, it just doesn't work, I've checked. But that seems to be an old regression. EclipseFP did not display the HLint errors if the error code return by hlint is not zero,(instead just displaying an error in the console), but I've checked in the code, hlint returns 1 if there are any suggestions, and only zero if there is none... It's weird that nobody noticed since 2.3.2...
    Pushed to github, will be part of the next release. If you can build from source and test to make sure...

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-26

Yeah the hlint warning are now showing up for me.

Was there a way for the ide to modify the code when instructed to resolve the warning ?
    Or am I imagining that ??

Thanks

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-26

You mean, taking the github version of the plugin solved the issue, then?

Yes, the hlint suggestions should be solvable via a quick fix, where EclipseFP does the substitution suggested by hlint. Right click on the marker.

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-26

Yeah built from source via github. Thanks, yeah have found the quickfix.

Do you plan on releasing soon ? How do you build the plugin package/jar from source ?!?!

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-26

I can certainly make a release for that bug, yeah. Otherwise, if you have all the plugins for EclipseFP in Eclipse, open the feature.xml from the feature project and in the custom editor, first page, choose the export wizard and export to an empty folder. This will create the jars for the plugins and feature.

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-26

Thanks, have installed that locally to my main install until you are ready. As i'm learning haskell it's handy to have.

Thanks

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-12-27

Version 2.4.2 released.

• Graham Berks
    Graham Berks
    2012-12-27

Thanks