Error Rebuilding Local Database after having to "cabal install world"

Help
d1d2d3
2013-01-01
2013-01-05
  • d1d2d3
    d1d2d3
    2013-01-01

I was having trouble installing HTF, so I followed these instructions I found on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14094319/trouble-installing-htf-with-cabal. I had to delete my ~/.ghc/<arch_ghc-version>/ folder and than "cabal install world".

Now when I start Eclipse with eclipseFP, I get one prompt that says:

Error rebuilding local database. Check the console log for more details.

and the next one headered "Problem Occured" says

'Rebuilding local database' has encountered a problem.

Error loading database

and under details:

Error loading local database
    Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

I also checked in the Console and switched it to "[Shared scion-browser instance]" and this is the output:

>> {"filepath":"/home/xxx/workspace/hasky/.metadata/.plugins/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell.browser/scion-browser-0.2-dbs/local.db","command":"load-local-db","rebuild":true}

I tried inputting that at the command line to ~/.cabal/bin/scion-browser and got this message:

error in command: Failed reading: satisfy

I am not sure what this means and what to do from here.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Last edit: d1d2d3 2013-01-01
  • JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2013-01-03

d1d2d3, when you input the line in scion-browser, make sure to start at the curly brace, the first three characters are added by EclipseFP to help understanding. The failed reading: satisfy error is how Aeson tells you you didn't input valid JSON (-:

• d1d2d3
    d1d2d3
    2013-01-04

Okay, this time I believe I input the JSON correctly ( :-) ) into ~/.cabal/bin/scion-browser and I got:

Illegal instruction (core dumped)

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2013-01-05

At least it's clear, but I have no idea what could cause Haskell code to dump core like that...