Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can't use SourceGraph (Win7)

Help
2012-06-12
2012-12-06
  • I'm new, so my question might be stupid, sorry for that.
    I'm trying to use SourceGraph to get a nice report on my Haskell module.
    When I launch it from EclipseFP interface, I always get this:
    Please provide a single Cabal or Haskell source file as an argument.
    No parseable package information found.

What am I doing wrong?
    Windows 7 x64, Eclipse 4.2RC3.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-06-12

Works here… You launch it from a right click on a Haskell project that contains a cabal file, right? It should pass the path to the cabal file to sourcegraph

• Right, I'm using it exactly that way. But it gives me only the error message mentioned earlier.
    Is there a way to see exact command line that is provided to SourceGraph? Maybe this should help to see what causes the problem.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-06-17

No, I don't think you can see the actual command. Looking at the code, it seems to run "sourcegraph <path to cabal file>". any thing weird in that path? Does it work if you run it manually from a console?

• Anonymous
    2012-07-20

Works for me.

'dsent, what's the full path to your Haskell project code?

Here is a *guess* of what might be happening.

1. The path that 'dsent is using has a space character in it, something like "C:\My Documents\blah.cabal"
    2. EclipseFP doesn't quote/escape the space character.

I can repro that error at the command-line with
    SourceGraph C:\Blah blah
    (with no quotes)
    as SourceGraph then thinks I gave two arguments.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-07-21

I don't jonw if that's dsent's problem, but you're sooo right misterbee! At first I thought "unlikely, Java does that for us", but looking at the code, I'm not so sure. I will investigate and test, but you're on to something there. Thanks!

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-07-22

EclipseFP will now correctly put arguments with spaces inside quotes (from version 2.3.1)