Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

External Libraries

Help
2008-10-25
2012-12-06
  • Greetings,

I use the eclipsefp plugin on eclipse 3.4 for Haskell development.  I must say, overall I am very pleased.  I do have a problem though, when I try to import Test.QuickCheck (or Debug.QuickCheck), I get the following error,

"Could not find module `Test.QuickCheck use -v to see a list of modules searched for" 

I think that it recognizes all of the libraries that were present when I installed eclipsefp initially, but on the other hand this is the only one I installed after eclipsefp.  I use ubuntu 8.04, and installed QuickCheck with synaptic.  I can use QuickCheck, just not from inside eclipse.

• Leif Frenzel
      Leif Frenzel
      2008-10-26

Hi,

hm, interesting. Would have to look into the details, but here's a first idea: Is the QuickCheck package exposed in the package list, i.e. when you run 'ghc-pkg list' in a terminal, does QuickCheck appear without parentheses? You might have to expose it in order for eclipsefp to find it. Or it might help to add '-package QuickCheck' in the Eclipse preferences for GHC.

HTH,
      Thanks && ciao,
      Leif

• adding '-package QuickCheck' to the extra compiler settings works, although running quickCheck someProp ... prints a bunch of ugly characters before printing results.

This is probably a question for somewhere else, but is there an easy way to make a package exposed to ghc?

Thank you for your help!

• Leif Frenzel
        Leif Frenzel
        2008-10-27

Yes, normally you can just use the ghc-pkg command for exposing a package. You may need admin rights to do so. Just run ghc-pkg --help for the precise syntax.

HTH,
        Thanks && ciao,
        Leif

• Thank you for your help.  Also, before I read your reply, I found another solution, which is to simply import the library into the project. 

-
      Jon