Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Navigation to error annotations not working

Help
Jens Li
2012-11-17
2013-02-20
  • Jens Li
    Jens Li
    2012-11-17

Navigation to next/previous error annotation (Ctrl+. / Ctrl+,) doesn't seem to work. Even when "Include in next/previous navigation" box for Haskell Occurences is checked in the annotation preferences page.

Is this a bug?

This is a very useful feature when using Eclipse by the keyboard.

• asop
    asop
    2012-11-18

Hi, I am curious about this check box. I tried performing the following navigation on eclipse :

Windows->Preferences->Haskell->Editor->Annotations

And couldnt find the checkbox. How do you get to the checkbox? Thanks

• Jens Li
    Jens Li
    2012-11-18

> Hi, I am curious about this check box.

I am talking about General -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Annotations.

The one under Haskell preferences seems to contain the same information. I do not understand the use of that.

• Jens Li
    Jens Li
    2012-11-18

It doesn't work with other annotations either. E.g. search result occurrences in Haskell editors, it's not possible to navigate to them with Ctrl+./, . Even if works fine with other types of editors.

If someone else can confirm this behaviour I will make a bug report on it.

• asop
    asop
    2012-11-18

Ah found it. Yes I cannot navigate errors either. Note that the menu items "Navigate->Next" and "Navigate->Previous" are also greyed out for me, and so one cannot navigate the errors via the menu either.

• JP Moresmau
    JP Moresmau
    2012-11-23

Sorry for the delay is responding, I was busy on something totally different. Support for Navigate -> Next/Forward (Ctrl . / Ctr ,) has been added on the HAskell Editor. The obsolete Annotations preferences page under Haskell has been removed, used the one under Text Editors as noted. The missing icon (red dot) has been added too.
    Will be part of EclipseFP 2.3.3, the next release.
    Thanks for the reports!

• Jens Li
    Jens Li
    2013-02-20

That is great news, thank you very much!