Menu

Developing Silverlight in Eclipse

Raju k
2010-04-06
2013-04-26
  • Raju k

Raju k - 2010-04-06

I have Installed the Silverlight plug-in for Eclipse , but i cannot build the Silverlight application , the *.csproj file  gives error for the path of the Visual Studio 2008 . I haven't  installed Visual Studio 2008 . The other error is cannot find Microsoft.silverlight.csharp.targets file , Silverlight 3 is installed in my system  but i cannot find that file , is it possible to develop Silverlight in eclipse without VS 2008.

• Yves YANG

Yves YANG - 2010-04-06

In the Web project, there is a target of msbuild defined in VS 2008. You can use eclipse4sl to develop Silverlight project.  Please not the project is move into eclipse under the name ESL. Please report the further issue in eclipse bugzilla. http://bugs.eclipse.org

• Raju k

Raju k - 2010-04-07

In Eclipse ,  windows->preference-> silverlight-> paths  has four fields for .NET  framework , Silverlight , Visual studio 2008 and Expression Blend . Is it necessary to have all . I have installed .NET framework and Silverlight . Can we develop Silverlight applications without the other two . 

• Yves YANG

Yves YANG - 2010-04-07

If you develop a Silverlight porject, you need only .Net and Silverlight. If you develop Web project, you need VS. Expression blend is optional.

For further questions, please use the newsgroups of ESL in eclipse.