Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

No xap file generated!!

lookouster
2008-12-04
2013-04-26
  • lookouster
    lookouster
    2008-12-04

Hello.

I'm currently trying to learn more about silverlight technology, using eclipse. First of all, i should thank eclipse4SL team for the work done (great idea).

I've tried the Hello World tutorial here: http://blogs.msdn.com/silverlight_plus_java/pages/eclipse4sl-hello-world-tutorial.aspx but i'm getting problem at the execution time. Checking the console, i got this message:

Microsoft(R) Silverlight(TM) Development Utility. Version 1.0.0.0

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Chiron serving 'C:\Dev\Myworks\Eclipsy\yo.Web' as http://localhost:15215/

10:18:26 200 3ÿ144 /yoTestPage.html

10:18:26 200 15ÿ744 /Silverlight.js

10:18:27 404 636 /ClientBin/yo.xap [Resource not found]

I browsed all the project directories, but no xap file founded. Is there something i'm missing? How could i fix it?

Thx;

• Yves YANG
      Yves YANG
      2008-12-04

It seems there is a problem of build. Please make sure you have installed .NET 3.5 and Silverlight SDK?

Best regards
      Yves YANG

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-04

I'm pretty sure i have allt his installed!! Following folders exit on my disk:
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0
      C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5 !!!!
      I had .net v3.5 installed couple of months ago.
      I installed silverlight sdk 2 days ago and eclipse ganymede with the eclipse4sl plugin yesterday!!

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2008-12-04

Please check the preferences Windows->Preferences->Silverlight->Path to see the path is correct for .NET 3.5 ?

Best regards
        Yves YANG

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-05

I've checked it, and the path is correct for .NET. It should be somethg else!!

• The application that generates the .xap file is Chiron.exe. Try replacing it with the newest version from http://codeplex.com/sdlsdk. That version will work on .NET 2.0 and above on Windows, and Mono 2.0 on Mac. Let us know if that doesn't fix it.

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-05

Thx for your quick reply. I've noticed in fact that in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Tools" folder, i only have:
      ServiceReference -> folder
      SilverLight      -> js file.
      After downloading the sdlsdk as you said, i copy chiron and chiron.exe(xml file) files from the bin directory to the local tools directory. But still not working.
      At least now, i know that chiron was missing, although eclipse's console printed
      "Chiron serving 'C:\Dev\Myworks\Eclipsy\yo.Web' as http://localhost:15215/"

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2008-12-05

The Chiron is bundled in our plugin. If we cannot find Chiron in Silverlight SDK, the bundled one will be used.  The following patch has integrated the last version of Chiron:
        http://www.eclipse4sl.org/update/patch/org.soyatec.eclipse4sl.core_1.0.0.M1.jar

You need to erase the previous one in eclipse/plugins

From my perspective, *.xap is produced by the msbuild.  Chiron is just a light web server.

Best regards
        Yves YANG

• Oh, my fault, I thought you were using Chiron for XAP creation as well. It's basically the same "zipping" code anyway, so no biggie. Sorry for misleading.

• Yves YANG
            Yves YANG
            2008-12-06

Don't worry. Thanks for the participation.

Best regards
            Yves YANG

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-06

Hi.
      Ouf i finally got it. I've tried to build it manually using
         "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe Test.csproj"
      and the built gave 2 errors: 

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(529,9): error
      : The OutputPath property is not set for this project.  Please check to make su
      re that you have specified a valid Configuration/Platform combination.  Configu
      ration='Debug'  Platform='MCD'"

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Reference Assemblies\mscorlib.
      dll : error CS1703: Un assembly avec la même identité 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.
      0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' a déjà été importé. Essaye
      z de supprimer l'une des références en double."

The first one is about the output directory. I just copied the corresponding line in the second "PropertyGroup" section and paste it in the first section, just under the "OutputType" tag.

For the second one, it seems like mscorlib's been referenced more than once. So i i deleted the line.

What i'm not guessing now is why i'm the only one having such issue!! I don't think this have somethg to do with vista?

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2008-12-06

I have created a bug for the error handling:
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2395621&group_id=240702&atid=1113563

Could you put your project on it? It will help up to fix it quickly.

Best regards
        Yves YANG

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2008-12-12

We use Vista as well. We have not this problem. And We have tested your project. It works as expected.

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-07

hi.
      Sorry for not showin up since then; i've been busy. Well i've been to the bug tracker, but i couldn't see any link for uploading the files. I should be missin somethg again.

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-13

Seems weird!!!! But it does work then only when i modify the project file?

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2008-12-13

Could you test to create a project in Visual Studio and then import in eclipse4SL?

• lookouster
      lookouster
      2008-12-15

the fact is that i don't have VS installed, nd tha's why i've been using the plugin.
      How far about my proposal?