Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Getting Started with Java+SL

2009-02-05
2013-04-26
  • I am very adept at Silverlight but I am struggling with how to get some basic stuff to work with Eclipse. I am creating a simple Java Site/Web Services. My issues:

- Seems like to do much of what I need I need Visual Studio (e.g. service references).
    - I am new to Eclipse but I can't figure out how to deploy the .xap to the web project without resorting to a Silverlight PostBuild step (which requires Visual Studio too).

Can any of you that are more comfortable with Eclipse help me out?

• Yves YANG
      Yves YANG
      2009-02-05

Hi,

We have some guidances. I think they are helpful:
      http://www.eclipse4sl.org/documentation/userdoc/html/webservice/

Best regards
      Yves YANG

• Yves YANG
        Yves YANG
        2009-02-06

I suppose you have a Tomcat project. If so, you just need to copy all fills of your silverlight web project to the folder WebContent\WEB-INF\

Best regards
        Yves YANG

• I saw those but they don't discuss deploying the .xap file to the Java project.  Any suggestion there? (The Java project iwll have a .jsp file that I want to show the Silverlight app on).

• Thanks for the help, but what I am looking for is how to tell Eclipse to copy it on a successful build. I am a stark Eclipse newbie so I don't know how to do the simple Post-Build command in Eclipse.  I can add it to the .csproj but that's a hack as far as I am concerned.  Any clues on how to issue a command on build in Eclipse?

• I'm not an Eclipse expert, but I think what you're asking is normally done in an Ant script.  Unfortunately I'm not an Ant expert either…