Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Using eclipseSDCC on mac OS X 10.4.x

Help
t0gg1e4u
2007-10-11
2013-04-30
  • t0gg1e4u
    t0gg1e4u
    2007-10-11

Hi

I am trying to install eclipseSDCC on my machine:

OSX 10.4.10
    eclipse 3.3
    CDT 4.0

sdcc is installed under /usr/local/bin
    sdcc-share is installed under /usr/local/share/sdcc

downloaded eclipseSDCC for PPC OSX

installed according to the instructions given and help appears inside eclipse > help > help content.

when follow the given instructions(http://mihirknows.blogspot.com/2007/10/installing-sdcc-under-eclipse.html) for starting a new project (beside the fact that eclipse 3.3 seems to handle c-project differently) I can choose the project type 'MCS51 family (SDCC)' but no toolchain to choose from, except when I switch of 'Show projecttypes  and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform'

I also have the error message:
    'Error launching external scanner info generator' which obviously means eclipse cant find sdcc. this makes sense, since the path '/usr/local/bin' is not inside the 'path' variable. I havent found an elegant way to tell eclipse to look there as well and the only workaround was an 'ln -s /usr/local/bin/sdcc /usr/bin/sdcc'.

cheers

martin

• Mihir Patel
      Mihir Patel
      2007-11-01

It's good to here that you have successfully integrated the tool chain.

At this point i have switched to the ECLIPSE Europa edition and it stopped working.

cheers

Mihir