RB Editor not functional in Version: 3.3.2

HLHarkins
2008-03-20
2012-12-06
  • HLHarkins
    HLHarkins
    2008-03-20

Hi -

I am 90% new at using Eclipse, so perhaps my terminology won't be appropriate, but, here goes... I upgraded to the latest version of Eclipse, applied the CFEclipse materials, and then extracted the ResourceBundle Editor to the /plugins directory. I am able to associate .properties files with the ResourceBundle Editor, but, when I open these files, they are displayed inline, as text vs. in the hierarchical structure I'd previously seen for the Editor, when using a lesser version of Eclipse.

Is this a common/known issue awaiting resolution? Perhaps I should downgrade back to the most currently working version, since this Editor is going to be primary to my use of Eclipse.

Please advise.

Thanks!

• I was able to make it work with 3.3.  I am not sure what is going on there.  There should be no other versions released here since this project has been contributed to Eclipse Babel: http://www.eclipse.org/babel/   An official release should be found there eventually and shall be supported by the Eclipse community.

• I am checking now the Babel project home page and all I see are Ganymede and Europa update sites for Eclipse translation in various languages, but no references to the resource bundle properties file editor or other translation tools. Has it been moved somewhere else? Is there a translation tools project which is different from the actual eclipse product translation project? Thanks for any information.

• The product is now called Messages Editor and it is in the Eclipse Babel repository.  It has not be "released" officially yet.  Due to important time constraints, its development has slowed quite a bit.   I am hoping that some developers will join in to try it out, fix issues, and in trying to finish the porting over of the ResourceBundle Editor.