The Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in project (http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net) is proud to announce the release of version 4.0.0 of the Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in.
The Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in integrates the famous Checkstyle into Eclipse.
With the plug-in your code is constantly inspected, supporting the developer with immediate feedback.
Never before was it this easy for developers to obey coding guidelines.
The Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in provides a mighty but easy to use editor to create Checkstyle configuration files and gives great control how to deploy your corporate coding guidelines.
This release contains some huge improvements over its predecessor - in usability, compatibility and feature wise.
Just to name a few:
* Support for all checkstyle checks and modules; including filters and file set checks
* Uses uses native Checkstyle configuration files (formerly a proprietary file format)
* Source code annotations enhance the visibility of Checkstyle warnings
* Improved Configuration Editor with support for all Checkstyle modules
* Configurable project filters that give great and easy control over which files get checked
* Can be easily extended with your custom Checkstyle checks
Additionally we like to announce out that the Update site for the plug-in (http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/update/) is officially released.
Using the Update site the installation process is greatly simplified and is now the preferred way to install the plug-in.
Please check out the refurbished eclipse-cs web site (http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net <http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/>) for more info and be sure to vote for us if you like our work!
The Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in dev team applauds the Checkstyle team for the release of Checkstyle 4.0 and thanks all users that supported the development of this version throughout the alpha and beta phase with their patches, suggestions and bug reports.
With best regards,