Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How does one use the plugin?

Help
Anonymous
2012-09-21
2013-07-30

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

I have a project and I right clicked > Team > Associate Project.
    Now what?  It doesn't ask where my project goes?  How does it know where to check my project into?  Am I missing something?  Is the project suppose to be on the clear case drive?  If so how do you keep all the garbage project files eclipse makes from being added to source control?

Thanks!

• Hi,

I guess you have a project in workspace ( but in no version control) and want it in clearcase. There is no explicit function for this yet but I am planning to add it under Team -> Share -> ClearCase.

So for the time being your option is to use clearfsimport command and import the files you have in the workspace into a vob. Then you can add a .project file there and import it into Eclipse and Associate it.

br,

//mike

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

I do have a copy in source control. There is also a copy I have locally.  I use to modify my code then go to clear case > check out > copy my code over the checked out code > and then I checked it in.

So I will just move my project settings to the clear case drive and see if it works.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-21

I moved my local project to the clear case drive.  It works now.  This tip should go in the usage section of the wiki.
    Thank you for the plugin :)

• Hi,

Good point. I will put the information  on the wiki. Hope you enjoy the plugin.

//mike

• S0C9
    S0C9
    2013-07-29

So how does this work for projects that already exist in a VOB on a remote CC server? How does one connect to a remote CC server and obtain a local copy of the VOB contents?

There is no option that I can find that lets one do that? There's very little usage info on the wiki..

Does this plugin only support local VOB's or ?

thx

Last edit: S0C9 2013-07-29
  • Hi,
    You just import the exiting eclipse Project Into the workspace. Use the path to where the project is stored in the bob server. When you have done this you can start working with your project stored in the Vob.
    If you have a specific problem send me a snapshot picture or a screencast and a description of the problem and I will help you.
    Br,
    //Mike

• S0C9
      S0C9
      2013-07-30

OK.. Thanks Mike. will give it a try.