From which branch to check out releases

Help
Anonymous
2013-03-06
2013-04-06

• Anonymous
    2013-03-06

I cloned the git repo (master branch) but what I can see is that the latest version is 2.2.17 (MANIFEST.MF).
    The develop branch contains updated code until 2.2.29.

Which branch contains the latest stable code?

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/eclipse-ccase/index.php?title=Developing mentions:
    - master ( ready releases go into this one). - develop ( this is where we do all the work for an upcoming release.

Is this still correct?

• Hi,

Sorry I have not had time to merge into master ( I am  the only developer ….) But you can use develop and use tags for 2.2.29 and build. There is a zip available.
    When I have some time left I will do a merge to master.
    Can I assist you in any way?

br,

//mike

Ps. I don't know your name since you logged in using Google accounts.

• Anonymous
    2013-03-06

Hi Mike,

Thanks for quick reply.
    I can check out the develop branch no problem.
    I was under the impression that master was latest stable until I found out that it's latest version was 2.2.17 :-) but no worries.

PS: where is zip available, can seem to find it…

Cheers,
    Marcel

• Anonymous
    2013-03-07

Hi Mike,

Don't feel pressured by me :-) I'm fine using the develop branch for now.
    I thought you meant a zip file containing the latest sources. But I will just use the sources by checking out from git.

Cheers,
    Marcel

• Are you implmenting some new feature :-) ?

br,

//mike

• Anonymous
    2013-03-07

We are doing a pilot with Eclipse and had to customize some behaviour.
    The problem is the client has some wrapper scripts around clearcase which do special things.

E.g. to add a comparison option to compare with a file form an other view, I have to call a wrapper script which only return some views not all.

Cheers,
    Marcel

• So you have the same project ( source files) in different views and want to compare the file you have in eclipse with a version in another view. Do you retrieve the views based on user ? Then you have a list of available views. Then you select the view and try to find the same file to compare to. or?
    It is an interesting feature but it pretty much depends on how you use clearcase.

br,

//mikael

• Anonymous
    2013-03-08

Yes that is basically what we are looking for.
    Like Team -> Compare with Predecessor but then something like:
    - Team -> Compare with View
    - Dialog opens where user can select one of his own views or enters a arbitrary view name in a provided text box
    - Try to find file in selected/provided view name
    - Compare files in Eclipse compare editor

Cheers,
    Marcel