ClearCase auto-connect feature

Help
Hlina
2015-03-09
2015-10-16
  • Hlina

Hlina - 2015-03-09

Hi,

in our company, we use your plugin and we've been missing an autoconnection feature. As you write in the Summary - you will provide limited support for development, we implemented this functionality on our own. Now, it is tested and working, so we would like to provide you with our code, so you may spread it among the others.

Short functionality description:
    - all the open projects in Project Explorer are connected to CC automatically on Eclipse startup
    - the behavior is configurable in Preferences

If you're interested, please conatact me and I'll provide you with the code. I've already sent you an email regarding this topics.

Best regards,
    Petr

• Mikael Petterson

We are absolutely interested. Can you attach a git patch here?

//mike

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-03-09

Ok, we'll attach it tomorrow or within few days. Is it ok to create a patch out of latest official release, i.e. 2.2.35? Or do you prefer any other branch?

• Mikael Petterson

It is ok to use latest on master. No separate branch is needed.

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-03-11

Hi again,

in the attachment, please, find the patch and a short change log. Have a look and let me know if it is ok.

Note that we provide you with the code "as it is" with no warranty, no responsibility for eventually caused damage, etc. Also, we’re not obliged to provide you with any updates or whatever in the future. Nevertheless, if you’ll need some update or we’ll have some we can provide you with another patch as it could be also our interest.

We provide you with an open source and you may use it in the same way as you do it with your code, i.e. without anyhow identifying our part of code. Nevertheless, if you mention somewhere that our company “ZF Engineering Plzen s.r.o.” somehow supports the development we will be glad.

Please, contact me via my Sourceforge user’s email and I’ll provide you with my official email for better future communication.

Best regards,
    Petr

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-03-25

Hi Mike,
    can you tell me whether you plan to integrate this patch into your common release? And if yes, can you tell me when this is planned?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Petr

• Mikael Petterson

Hi Petr,
    My paid work has been taken a lot of effort from me currently. But I will try to make it this weekend.

//mike

• Mikael Petterson

I have started to add patch to development branch.

//mike

• Mikael Petterson

Questions:

You have made changes in MANIFEST.MF and set to java 7. Are you using java specific features in your solution?

//mike

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-04-01

It seems that it was changed by a misstake, sorry for that. It is ok for us if you change it back to 1.5. Note: it works fine also in Luna 64bit with 1.5.

Petr

• Mikael Petterson

ok or I will use 1.7 for all since it would be better to use since 1.5 is quite old.

I have merged it but I will make a full release that you can test soon ( when things at the office are less).

//mike

• Mikael Petterson

I have managed to make a release, 2.2.36, that included implementation of automatic connect. Thanks for your support ( I included appreciation of your company's efforts into this in CHANGELOG.txt Since I have no Clearcase access I have not been able to verify it so please go ahead and test it.

//mike

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-05-19

Hello Mike again,
    thank you for the new release.

In the meanwhile, we implemented new functionality for autoconnection. For the change, see the attachment. Would you please also include the attached patch to the next version?

Thank you and best regards,
    Petr

• Mikael Petterson

Hi ( not as quick as I wish)....

Yes I try to implement the new functionality for autoconnect. What is new about it?

br,

//mike

• Mikael Petterson

Ah I now saw the changes.txt :-) So I know that 4. is the new change.

//mike

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-08-25

Hi Mike,

I just would like to remind you of this discussion. ;-) I just would like to know whether you didn't forget about this patch from 2015-05-19. If you didn't find time then it's ok and understandable ;-)

Best regards,
    Petr

• Mikael Petterson

Hi,

I checked my commits and I could not find it in the 2.2.37. I am sorry that I missed it. I will add it to 2.2.38 release.

br,

//mike

• Hlina

Hlina - 2015-09-08

Hi, ok :-) Thanks

regards,
    Petr

• Mikael Petterson

Hi
    Since we added auto connect we have had the following problem:

394 An internal error occurred during: "Refreshing ClearCase Resource States"

When you tested auto connect did you use a dynamic view or a snapshot view?

br,

//mike

• Jan Vodička

Jan Vodička - 2015-10-16

Hi,
    we tested this feature only on a dynamic view...
    Could you please tell me which steps should I do to replicate this error?
    Thanks
    Jan

• Jan Vodička

Jan Vodička - 2015-10-16

So, I have tested our internal version on a snapshot view and everything is working...
    I think the problem with 2.2.38 is probably caused by an old code (auto-association) as I have mentioned here: https://sourceforge.net/p/eclipse-ccase/bugs/396/#9661

So, I will prepare the patch as I have promised.
    Jan

Last edit: Jan Vodička 2015-10-16
  • Jan Vodička

Jan Vodička - 2015-10-16

There is a patch...