Maven plugin does not pull in dependencies?

Anonymous
2012-08-20
2013-04-24

• Anonymous
    2012-08-20

I tried to add the Maven plugin as per the instructions in the build/plugins sections

<plugin>
                    <groupId>org.jacoco</groupId>
                    <artifactId>jacoco-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>0.5.9.201207300726</version>
                </plugin>

When I try to run it against an existing jacoco.exec file from commandline it complains about missing libraries…shouldn't those be pulled in automatically?

mvn jacoco:report -DdataFile=target/jacoco.exec

then I get

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal 'org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:0.5.9.201207300726:report': Unable to load the mojo 'org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:0.5.9.201207300726:report' in the plugin 'org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin'. A required class is missing: org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/RendererException
    org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.RendererException

I am on Maven 2.2.1 (manual install) on Fedora 17, 64 bit, JDK7.

• Looks like some API or dependency problem. Actually we test JaCoCo plugin against Maven 3.x only.

• You might try clearing your local maven repo, this might also be the cause.

• Anonymous
    2012-08-20

Yes, the Maven repo was corrupt. Caused by Fedora originally installing Maven 3 even if you specify the "maven2" package. After I cleaned it out report plugin worked as expected.

thanks for the suggestion!