Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Beginner howto

Help
2005-07-19
2013-06-04
  • zeuhl_music
    zeuhl_music
    2005-07-19

Hi everybody, this is my first post ever on sourceforge!

I have installed cedet-1.0pre3 and ECB-2.32, and using the recommended .emacs code ECB cannot fulfill my needs

I have my C++ dev projects split across different CVS modules : ~/projects/module_1 ~/projects/module_2 ... ~/projects/module_n

I would like to know how to configure ECB/semantic/semanticdb to be able to open #includes  and parent classes files by clicking on them in the methods buffer.

For instance if  class_1 in project_1 inherits class_2 in project_2, I'd like to be able to browse between these two, like if I'm browsing a ~/projects/module_1/src/class_1.cpp file, I'd like ECB to be able to open ~/projects/module_1/include/class_1.h or ~/projects/module_2/include/class_2.h or ~/projects/module_2/src/class_2.cpp depending on what I click on.

I haven't been able to sort this out myself, I would just need to know what to add in my .emacs file and I'll be fine.

Thank you.