From: Felipe Bergo <bergo@se...> - 2003-01-20 17:06:56
eboard 0.7.1 has just been released.
I just noticed one thing after releasing it, if you get compilation errors
on board.cc (about cerr, ios and endl being undeclared), edit stl.h
and add the line
using namespace std;
just above the using std::list; line. This problem was spotted on gcc
3.0.4. I apologize for the inconvenience, all machines I usually use for
testing compilations are servers and are with a quite high load right now,
so I skipped the tests this time. I'll upload a 0.7.1pl1 version with the
fix in half an hour or so.
The only change between 0.7.1 and 0.7.1pl1 will be that line.
Here goes the changelog since 0.7.0, have fun.
<warning: the translation files have not been updated since 0.7.0,
so new messages and new features will be displayed in english only.
I hope to update the translations soon>
* [all] when saving to a PGN file, the game will be APPENDED if
the file already exists.
* [all] eboard can now read .pgn.gz files (only read, not write).
However, the implementation is somewhat dumb: it decompresses
the file, indexes games, deletes the file. Each game you ask
to display requires a new decompression (gzip -d). "gzip" and
"cp" must be on the PATH for all this to work.
* [all] Status bar messages won't stay there forever, but rather
expire after a given timeout.
* [gcc3] Fixed iostream inclusions to compile without warnings
on gcc 3.2
* [all] Fixed a bug in the PGN parser. (PGN files that had
no newline char at the end of the last line would
make eboard crash). Thanks to Hicks@... for spotting it.
* [ics] Fixed the misplaying of an "opponent moved" sound event
on game starts.
* [eng] Fixed long standing bug in move display, engine
pawn checks (like 'g4+') were incorrectly displayed
* [all] 5 new sound events added (game started (user playing),
game won and game lost (by the user, does not apply to
observed games on ICS), game over (observed games), and
move (observed games)).
Sound preferences pane revamped accordingly.
* [ics] Clock updates will now be shown immediately (like when you or
the opponent issues a 'moretime' or when the examiner sets
the values of the clocks)
* [eng] Fixed a bug in the xboard protocol that wouldn't allow users
to play against the engine with thinking output on (by typing
'post' after the engine has started).
* [ics] A bug in animation code that would make eboard crash when
the position changed radically (a forw 999 in examination or
when lecturebot rewinds the variation, for example) was
fixed. (animation <source,dest> calculation rewritten to fix
* [all] More code size optimization, especially regarding sequences
of gtk_widget_show()'s , dlg_about.cc/.h removed, content moved
to help.cc/.h. animate.cc/.h content moved to board.cc/.h
* [all] Font configuration GUI code has been simplified (accomplishes
the same as before with less code)
* [all] Added an option to select the font of the seek table.
Thanks to Michael G. Lane for the patch.
* [all] Fixed a bug that would cause eboard to segfault when a
title in the Local Games dialog list was clicked. Thanks
to Michael G. Lane for the patch.
* [all] PGN reading now correctly reads PGN files with
variations in parenthesis (but those variations
are ignored). Thanks to Michael G. Lane for the patch.
Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo - Computer Science MSc Student at Unicamp
bergo@... - Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth
GPG/PGP mail welcome - GPG/PGP Key: EF8EE808 (keyserver pgp.mit.edu)
* Good thing the FCC makes them put those "Intel Inside" warning labels.