From: Felipe Bergo <bergo@se...> - 2002-06-03 12:27:52
eboard 0.5.2 has been released today, it can be downloaded from
If you are running SuSE Linux and have problems running eboard (only
getting an ugly pieceset, imlib errors on the console), please update your
imlib RPMs to the latest updates on SuSE's site, SuSE says the issue has
been fixed already.
eboard 0.5.2 has been successfully compile-tested against EGCS 2.91.66,
GCC 2.96 and GCC 3.0.4. If you have trouble compiling, email me the full
output of errors.
Changelog since 0.5.1:
* [all] minor speed hack on piece drag. Some may notice,
others may not.
* [eng] Added a dialog box to edit the engine bookmarks.
(Peer -> Engine Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks...)
* [craf] minor fix to engine bookmark naming, now it
correctly extracts crafty's program name.
* [eng] minor fix to xboard protocol implementation, will
now work correctly with engines with bad I/O
flushing, like GNU Chess 5.04.
* [all] fixed font fallback when creating the bughouse pane.
* [all] upgraded to autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.6.1
If you want to develop/make changes to eboard,
you're likely to need both.
* [all] looks like SuSE has a broken imlib RPM that won't
load PNGs, I've added a fallback low-res theme,
but if you use SuSE yo should update the RPM,
SuSE told me they fixed the issue already and that
an update is available.
* [all] fixed another compilation issue with gcc 3.0.x
* [all] added beeping support for OpenBSD (possibly to NetBSD
too, but that's untested). Thanks to Federico Schwindt
for the code.
Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo - Computer Science MSc Student at Unicamp
bergo@... - Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth
GPG/PGP mail welcome - GPG/PGP Key: EF8EE808 (keyserver pgp.mit.edu)
* VMS is not an operating system; VMS is a delusion. An entertaining one,
but a delusion nonetheless.