From: Felipe Bergo <bergo@se...> - 2001-09-06 05:48:38
Hello and sorry for the long time without news.
Today eboard-0.3.2pl1 and eboard-extras pack 1 pl1 are out.
They can be download from http://eboard.sourceforge.net and from
ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/chess/eboard , as usual.
Before I get into the changelogs, if after installing the newer eboard the
themes "vanish" from the menus, just reinstall eboard-extras.
If eboard crashes when you try to run it, remove your
~/.eboard/eboard.conf, maybe some old configuration is confusing it. I've
tried to reduce the possible conflicts but they can always occur.
Have fun with it!
eboard-extras pack 1 pl 1 Changelog
Graphical bugs were fixed in the Jumbo and WCN sets (inverted squares on
the first, bad transparency on the second)
The installation script changed the way it used to work, to provide better
support for people packaging ebaord to go on a distribution.
eboard 0.3.2pl1 Changelog
(I released 0.3.2 earlier, and it was already on sourceforge whe nI
noticed a bug that prevented correct theme loading)
* [all] Last-minute bugfix on eboard-extras loading.
* [all] Selecting a bitmapped theme while in Vector mode will
switch to bitmapped mode with the selected theme.
(this was causing confusion to some users)
* [all] Added customization of console colors (please note that
after you change foreground colors, new text will come
out in the new colors but the current (old) content of the
buffer will remain in the previous setting.
* [all] Multi-line strings pasted in the input box will
have the line breaks stripped.
* [fics] Added the Refresh button to the seek graph.
* [fics] The seek graph is now sorted on the variant
column, clicking on the column titles
changes sort column, clicking on currently-selected
column flips sort direction.
* [all] The opponent-moved sound will be only played
after the piece animation ends, if animation
and sound-on-move are turned on.
* [all] theme configuration files called DATADIR/themeconf.*
will now be loaded too (this is to keep theme
* [all] DATADIR is now used to determine the location of datafiles.
(this should only make a difference if the --datadir option is
passed to configure)
* [all] eboard-config now uses the configure datadir and bindir
to determine paths (this allows these variables to be modified
without breaking things)
Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo - Free Software Developer (bergo@...)
Personal Info and GPG Public Key: http://www.advogato.org/person/khazad
Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth
* Be careful with programmers that carry screwdrivers.