From: Felipe Bergo <felipe.bergo@te...> - 2002-04-28 22:18:02
eboard 0.5.0 is out.
It can be downloaded from:
RPMs are available this time, they were generated on
a RedHat 7.2 box, see the Files section on the project page
or the ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/chess/eboard/RPMS directory.
The list of changes is long, some bugs have been fixed, but I'm also
experimenting with a new memory allocation scheme, which may translate
in memory waste. I'll test this new scheme for some weeks before
deciding between this and the older one.
I tried to C++-ize a little more, so some code like PGN-reading, config-file
parsing and others were touched. If you experience any problems that didn't
happen with the 0.4.x versions, report it right away so I can go fix it.
Among the main changes: bughouse support for FICS, new piece scaling
algorithm (taken from the Gimp), changed the separation pane in
the main window, so that you can see the console snippet together with
observation/examination boards, and added engine bookmarks (so you can
quickly start a match with an engine).
Have fun! Changelog since 0.4.3 follows.
-- Felipe Bergo
bergo@... / felipe.bergo@... (not sending from bergo@...
because it's revenue tax declaration deadline and the brazilian internet is
way beyond jammed this weekend - 1.5-second ping time from here to the
seul.org mail server).
* [all] Fixed a minor misfunction of the input history
in the detached consoles.
* [all] Removed the antialias option since the new scaling
algorithm doesn't need it.
* [fics] Renamed the Seek Graph to Seek Table since it isn't really
what most interfaces call a seek graph.
* [eng] Added engine bookmarks.
* [all] Engine promotion fixed on engines that use uppercase
in promotion notation (like Yace).
* [all] Fixed display of one-line annotations.
* [all] Variants (the ones supported, of course) are correctly
detected in PGN files.
* [all] X11 GC caching (should leak less memory).
* [all] substituted many C char arrays for C++ dynamic strings, and a
a many C streams for C++ streams.
* [all] Fixed yet another segfault situation when dragging
with extruded (3D) piece sets.
* [all] Decent piece scaling algorithm (taken from Gimp 1.0.4)
Pieces look better when magnified.
* [fics] Bughouse support (in the bughouse pane) works.
* [all] Lots of changes in class structures regarding
pieces, boards, bugpane.
* [all] The console snippet/bughouse pane can now be seen
together with observed/examined games, not just
the main board.
* [all] added an option to increase animation framerate
(Smoother animation in the Appeareance pane of the
preferences dialog). Will eat more CPU if turned on.
* [all] removed the script popup and made it a control
next to the input box.
* [all] the icon selection in the shortcut bar setup dialog
had some glitches when buttons were set up for the
first time. Fixed.
* [ics] the bughouse/console pane below the main board will
no longer be hidden/reduced when a new game is started.
* [all] squeezed graphics code (bitblt) again by producing
assembly output and optimizing C++ code accordingly.
Better than this, only coding straight in assembly
(and yes, would get better, gcc is not particularly