From: Felipe Bergo <felipe.bergo@te...> - 2001-05-25 17:55:29
I have just released 0.2.0.
No changes to the website yet due to sourceforge services being kaputz.
For a nice while files take eons to show up the the Files section of
the project page, I have updated everything and it's been 5 minutes and
nothing happened yet.
Whenever they show up on sourceforge, I added RedHat 7 binary and source
RPMs (the source RPMs can be used to rebuild it on any RPM based system)
I've set up a mirror for the source .gz files here:
I didn't do everything I promised on 0.2.0 (en passant, seek ads going to
the Ad window without refreshes), but the changes from 0.1.10 are:
(I'm pasting the full 0.1.10 -> 0.2.0 here this time for I couldn't
update it on the webpage)
For those who haven't checked, FICS added support for the Losers variant
yesterdat (still unrated-only, though)
* [all] Page Up/Down work on detached console even if the main
console isn't shown in the main window.
* [all] Added font selection for console windows.
* [all] Added error message to stderr to help people
debug problems running timeseal and chess
* [fics] Fixed parsing of Examination status strings
(variant is detected correctly when examining a
* [fics] Support for Losers variant on FICS added.
* [all] Changed Material calculation for Suicide,Losers and
Giveaway variants (every piece is worth 1 material
point in these variants)
* [eng] Added toggle for thinking on opponent's time
(xboard protocol hard/easy commands)
* [ics] Minor change to premove on *ICS: you'll be able to
schedule the premove even before FICS acknowledges
the current move.
* [eng] Added checkmate detection (will place # instead of +
* [all] Internal improvements to pattern matching
* [fics] Added colorization to shouts, cshouts, whispers,
kibitzes, channel tells, notifications...
* [fics] Fixed wild variant detection and game creation.
* [all] Fixed a bug in legality checking (some castlings were
being inhibited by flawed en passant code, which
assumed a pawn on fifth row could take to a square
in 8th row)
Things like correct en passant legality checking and legality checking for
variants should happen in a few 0.2.x releases before we go for more
wild things on 0.3.x.