Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

information

Help
sara sara
2008-04-09
2013-04-03
  • sara sara
    sara sara
    2008-04-09

hello,

i'am very interested in your project Eberom, so i need documantation about it (for example: its architecture,  explications about fonctionnlity).

• Luk Morbee
      Luk Morbee
      2008-04-14

Hi,

Besides the InstallationGuide.pdf (see eberom-1.0.zip) there is also a small design document under the documentation tab (see menu above).
      For now I don't have a document that covers the full functional specs. But a quick test of the application should give you a good picture of what it can do.

If you have any questions, just ask away.

Bye

• Hi,

your project screen shot looks good.
      but i unable to use your project. I was successfully compiled and executed your project but it asks only user name and password. you have mention the pdf document both the username and password is eberom. But it was not working. I am using mysql 5.0 tomcat 5.5 and eclipse 3.1.

I unable to create tables using your sql script.

kindly help to execute your project.

cheers
      Jeypee 

• Hi,

I think your TomCat-instance has trouble accessing the Eberom-database.

The Eberom WebApp requires the Eberom-database to be in place. You claim you were unable to run the script. If the Eberom-database was not created in MySQL, then this is the main cause why you can not get logged on. May be the MySQL Administrator and/or Query Browser can help.

Other causes that may prevent you from login on:

Did you put the server.xml in the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\conf-folder?

Did you put the mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar in the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib-folder?

Best regards,
        Luk

• Hi Lux,

Now I can able to execute your project. I had a mistake to change the password of realm configuration in the given server.xml.

Thanks for your information.

Its
      Jeypee.

• Hi Lux Thanks for your Eberom open source application..

A small obligation from you..

Send me some other applications which you have developed so that i can learn some more cutting edge technologies like hibernate,spring and struts2.

Best Regards
      jeypee

• Luk Morbee
        Luk Morbee
        2009-03-11

Hi jeypee,

The only other open source code I have put online is Piscator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/piscator/) which allows you to query XML using SQL instead of XQuery.

If you are interested in cutting edge technologies, you should be aware that Struts (allthough very widely used) is becoming a little outdated (and Struts2 isn't mature enough). In the last project I worked on, we used Spring WebFlow which is really grate. We also used Spring Security, EHCache, Jetty, Velocity, etc. and wrote some pragmatic aspects (NotNull, NotEmpty, Cacheable). And we use Gradle to build it instead of ANT.

Have fun,
        Luk

• Hi Lux
      I think your project is a great example for the Web Development and i appreciate it so much.
      But now the same problem of Jeypee's nearly drive me crazy.
      I build the project in my workplace with NetBeans and the SQL script is available for my database environmoent.
      when i run the project and input the username and password both with eberom, it doesn't work. Seems dead loop has happened to the validator. Especially when i removed the JDBC driiver, the same problem happened. So i insist that there is something wrong with the JDBC driver. But it's still unavailable after updating my driver.
      I've no idea about this. Will you give me some suggestion?

Best Wishes,
      Asmile:)

• Hi,

If you use a different database (not MySQL or a newer version), you should put its JDBC-driver in 2 places:
      -  Eberom/WEB-INF/lib
      -  Tomcat x.x/common/lib-folder

If this doesn't help I will need some more info like a stacktrace for instance.

Bye,
      Luk

• Luk Morbee
      Luk Morbee
      2009-03-11

Hi,

I forgot to mention that if you use a different JDBC-driver, you will need to change the realm driverName and connectionURL in the Tomcat x.x/conf-folder/server.xml accordingly!

Bye,
      Luk