Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

NUnit Version

Help
2004-11-17
2013-03-22
  • Chris Gardner
    Chris Gardner
    2004-11-17

I'm trying to use NUnit 2.2 with the EasyMock.Net RC1.  When I run my test, I get an exception that EasyMock.Net is expecting a 2.1 version of NUnit.  Specifically, it cannot find the appropriate dll.

FWIW, NMock works fine with NUnit 2.2.  I'd appreciate any help.

Chris

• Jon Skeet
      Jon Skeet
      2005-03-23

I've just found the same problem. I'm checking out the source now, and will try to build a version against NUnit. (Actually, I'll have a look and see whether it really requires NUnit at all - I'm not sure why it should.)

• Jon Skeet
      Jon Skeet
      2005-03-23

Righto, have just got it working:

1) Remove the NUnit reference. (You can remove System.Data and System.XML too.)

2) Add a new AssertionException exception type. All it needs to have is a constructor taking a string which calls back to System.Exception(string).

3) Build - the unit tests will fail to build.

4) In each file which is complaining about an ambiguity, add: using AssertionException = EasyMockNET.Core.AssertionException;
      before the class declaration.

5) Just to be nice, remove all the places where an exception is caught using a variable, but the variable isn't then used. Lots of warnings currently...

6) Rebuild and use with whatever test framework you want :)