Right and left clic

2010-08-08
2013-04-16
  • Hello,

You have done a really wonderful filemanager. But I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to implement an other mouse button (left) to move the view instead of the scroll button ?
    2. Is it possible to implement menu through the right button ?
    3. Would be possible to have view of the type of file with icons when the zooming is not enough close to see the content of file?
    4. How to translate this software in french ?

Thanks for your answer

Michel

• Oliver Hamann
    Oliver Hamann
    2010-08-08

1. Is it possible to implement an other mouse button (left) to move the view instead of the scroll button ?

There is an option in the preferences that allows to use the Alt key instead of the middle button. Maybe this solves your problem.

2. Is it possible to implement menu through the right button ?
    3. Would be possible to have view of the type of file with icons when the zooming is not enough close to see the content of file?

I'll think about these.

4. How to translate this software in french ?

Localization is not yet supported. So it could be made only by modifying the character strings in the source code and in the script files.

• Thanks for your fast answer…

1. I have seen de alternate solution with alt key. I use it but I think it would be better to use the left button instead of the scroll button.
    4. About translation, I began to translate the script files but I don't know how to translate in the source code.

Thanks a lot

• Oliver Hamann
    Oliver Hamann
    2010-08-09

1: That's difficult, because the left mouse button has many application-defined functions. And the right mouse button should also be preserved for applications.

2: In order to translate the texts in the source files, you would have to download and unpack the source package (eaglemode-0.78.0.tar.bz2). Therein you find the source files below the sub-directory "src". You will have to have some C/C++ programming knowledge to recognize the output texts in the files (all output texts are enclosed in double quotes, but the problem is that there are many other texts in double quotes which must not be changed). After modifying you would have to build and install the project. One day I will add a better localization support so that translation will be much easier, but I can't say when.

• Hello

Could it be possible to implement a running terminal as application like emFileMan ou clock or chess… ?
    It would be great
    Thanks

• Oliver Hamann
    Oliver Hamann
    2010-08-11

Yes, it would be possible to implement a terminal emulation as an Eagle Mode plugin application. Why would you find it great? What would you do with it?