I am using epic 0.3.10 and suffer from the performance problem. I know somebody has fixed this issue and posted the patch into the CVS. Now I would like to extract the sources from the CVS, and rebuild epic from scratch. Would somebody tell me how to get the most updated program sources from CVS, and the rebuild procedures.
I would like to know:
1) The CVS accessing URL of epic.
2) I run on Windows 2K, any free CVS client for it?
3) How to rebuild epic installation package from the sources?
Thanks in advance.
Ok, I have extracted the sources from CVS. Now, the only problem is how to rebuild the EPIC installation package? Please help.
Off the top of my head, so I might have forgotten something :)
Check out the following modules:
Open each plugin.xml file of each project.
Select the Dependencies tab and choose "Compute Build Path" from the context menu.
After that you should be able to build the projects.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for your help. The result is that I load each plugin.xml with Eclipse as external file, I could see the Dependencies tab, but not the "Compute Build Path" elsewhere (in fact, I don't know what is the context menu and where it could be found). The only tabs I saw are 'Overview', 'Dependencies', 'Runtime', 'Extensions', 'Extension Points', 'Build', 'plugin.xml' and 'build.properties'.
I have no any experience for Eclipse plugin component development, please specify it a little bit more details.
P.S.: The Eclipse I used is version 3.0.1 and run on Windows 2K.
most easiest way is:
1) Download EPIC and install it.
2) Download sources
3) Export Sources to JAR-File BUT *ONLY* the *src* folder!!!!
4) Check if the exportet JAR-File is similar size as orignal one. IF too much difference, you've exported too much.
5) Copy paste, i.e. replace the generated one with the existing one in your plugin-dir.
6) Restart Eclipse => new JAR-File is used.