Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Conditional Breakpoints in EPIC?

Help
Doug Wong
2010-01-27
2013-05-20
  • Doug Wong
    Doug Wong
    2010-01-27

I just got EPIC set up.  I've used conditional breakpoints in Eclipse for Java programs, but they don't seem to be available in EPIC for Perl.  I had a lot of trouble setting up EPIC, so it's possible I missed something crucial.  Can I use conditional breakpoints in EPIC and, if so, how do I set one?

• Doug Wong
    Doug Wong
    2010-01-27

When I use Eclipse for Java I'm used to right-clicking on a breakpoint and then selecting properties.  I can then set the conditions on which the breakpoint will break.  There is no similar option in EPIC.  Conditional breakpoints are a real benefit.

Here is my system information:
    Windows XP SP3
    ActivePerl 5.8.4 Build 810 from ActiveState
    Padwalker 1.5
    Eclipse 3.5.1 Build M2009090917 0800
    EPIC 0.6.35

• Doug Wong
    Doug Wong
    2010-01-27

Conditional breakpoints are working, sort of.  The first time I start Eclipse before debugging a program, I can right-click on a breakpoint and get the Properties option.  I can set the conditions for the breakpoint.  However, when I close the Properties dialog and right-click on the breakpoint again, the Properties option is no longer visible.  There is a blank line in the context menu where the Properties option should be.  The Properties option also disappears if I had debugged a program with a breakpoint.  Previously I didn't see the Properties option, so I thought conditional breakpoints were not available.  I can get to the Breakpoint Properties option by clicking on the blank line where the option should be.

The conditional breakpoint breaks correctly with the right conditions regardless of whether the Properties option is displayed.

I have to restart Eclipse to recover.