Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

epic_links

Help
2009-06-01
2013-05-20
  • I was wondering if there is a way to prevent EPIC from opening files up in the epic_links project.

I'm a little confused as to why it opens the files up in this project when browsing through code. Can someone explain why this is the case? When I edit the file in epic_links, this doesn't change the original file. Is it suppose to?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

• Jan Ploski
      Jan Ploski
      2009-06-01

It depends on the file's location on disk relative to your project directory. All files that don't reside within the directory tree of a user-defined project are opened in the epic_links pseudo-project. Changes to a file made in the editor result in changes on disk (when saved), regardless of whether it belongs to epic_links or a user-defined project.

• Sweeet! I had problems because the code was imported into the project. I recreated the project and didn't choose the default location. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike

• Interesting. The files I'm opening are in the current project. Is there something I can look at to make it look in the current project?

If I use command-shift-r (I'm on a mac), I can find the file(s) by searching for them in the current project.

• Jan Ploski
        Jan Ploski
        2009-06-01

Check the absolute paths displayed in the Properties dialog for each file (the one in epic_links and the one you found in your project).

• Also, if I change the file in epic_links, save it, then open the file in the project...it doesn't see the change. Is there a way for me to see which file epic_links is pointing to?

• Doh! I found it under properties and it's pointing to a different one. I'm going to try and create the project again to see if that will fix the problem.

Thanks!