Help seeing variables in EPIC

• David Frank
    David Frank

I am trying to examine variables in a script in EPIC that was given to me, but I can't see any variables other than "called function" and "return type".

Problem 2 is that I can't get the text editor to show line numbers.  My preferences have it checked, but it doesn't display.

Eclipse is version 3.3.2, EPIC 5.46, and I am using Win XP.

I am using ActiveState perl 5.6.1.  I have to stick to 5.6 to be compatible with modules this script uses.  PPM reports that I have PadWalker installed.  However, I sometimes see an error flash by that implies that I don't have it installed.

The one weird positive is that my Console is clogged with errors whenever I Debug or Resume, and they resemble:

"Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ...
    .../workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic/debug/ line ..."

I am thinking that this is my padwalker output spewing on standard error.  So at least it's trying to read variables each time I use it.

I am hoping that what has happened is a common configuration error, but I can't see it.

• Jan Ploski
      Jan Ploski

EPIC doesn't support 5.6.x (only 5.8.x and 5.10.x).

• Dan Dascalescu
      Dan Dascalescu

You are using seriously outdated EPIC (now at 0.6.35), Eclipse (now at 3.5) and Perl.

To enable line numbers, set the Perl perspective, right click the Vertical ruler (the one to the left of the editable area) and click "Show line numbers".