Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

PadWalker installation issue

Help
Anonymous
2010-09-21
2013-05-20

• Anonymous
    2010-09-21

Platform: MSWin32-x64-multi-thread-5.8 (WinXP 64Bit)

I built the PadWalker module from scratch and created a ppd package file. Then I installed this package file.
    ppm query PadWalker shows the new package

But if I use the module with "use PadWalker qw(peek_my peek_our peek_sub closed_over);"
    I got following error:

Can't load 'C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib/auto/PadWalker/PadWalker.dll' for module PadWalker: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Program Files/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
    C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib/auto/PadWalker/PadWalker.dll' is existing!

I've tested a path name w/o blanks with the same results.
    Any ideas??

Regards
    Gert

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2010-09-21

(Out of curiosity) Do you get the same error message if you remove the file?

I suspect the error message may be misleading - perhaps the file exists but cannot be loaded because of unsatisfied DLL dependencies or some other problem. In general, I think you will have better luck asking this question in ActiveState or some other Win32 forum than here.

• Anonymous
    2010-09-22

For your curiosity: If I remove the dll file I got this message:
    Can't locate loadable object for module PadWalker in @INC (@INC contains: …)

Regards
    Gert

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2010-09-22

Perhaps www.dependencywalker.com can help you. Also make sure you aren't trying to use a 64 bit DLL in 32-bit-compiled Perl or vice versa.