Help
Manni
2007-10-10
2013-05-20
  • Manni
    Manni
    2007-10-10

Hi!

I am sometimes having trouble with the Outline View. I change my code and the Outline either becomes garbled or out of date. Closing the Outline View and then reopening it is clumsy and doesn't always help.

Is there a way to force a refresh of the Outline? And wouldn't it be possible to have a little refresh button in the View?

Regards,
    Manni

• Jan Ploski
      Jan Ploski
      2007-10-12

Currently you have to reopen the file to rebuild Outline's contents. Regarding your second question: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1842374&forum_id=258688

• Manni
        Manni
        2007-10-14

Thanks for the answer, Jan. But I guess that URL wasn't the one you wanted to post.

Regards,
        Manni

• Manni
      Manni
      2007-10-23

The changelog for 0.6.17 says: "Implemented Feature Request [ 1812499 ] Refresh outline explicitly". That's great news. However, I am not able to find any sort of control that would let me do this. Where should I look?

Regards,
      Manni

• Jan Ploski
        Jan Ploski
        2007-10-23

There is a little down-arrow in the top-right corner of the Outline view which pops up the view's context menu. The "Refresh" option is in that menu (in fact, it's the only menu item so far).

• Manni
          Manni
          2007-10-24

Ah! The little triangle! I missed it when looking for a way to do the refresh.

Very nice! This will make my life a lot easier.

Thanks, Jan.

Manni