Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"Perl Include Path" for epic...

Help
Anonymous
2013-04-25
2013-05-20

• Anonymous
    2013-04-25

When I open libraries referenced by "Perl Include Path" with ctrl-left mouse click they open in epic_links.
    Here I see some "Can't locate xxx.pm in @INC" errors.
    epic_links is not a project and neither are the links (with numbers as names) underneath.
    How can I set the "Perl Include Path" for these libraries. Is ENV PERL5LIB the best way?

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2013-04-25

What do you mean by "epic_links is not a project"? It should be a project, created automatically (if it doesn't exist) when you attempt to open a sub declaration that resides in a source file outside of the workspace. The same @INC is used for lookup as when you execute a script (best way to find out what it is - print join(',', @INC)). So if you can "use Module;" in a script without errors, then it should be able to find it.

• Anonymous
    2013-04-25

1. I see epic_links only in the project explorer, not the navigator
    2. Is has a link chain icon and not a blue P
    3. When i do a right-click - properties on epic_links in the project explorer, then I don't find "Perl Include Path"

I do not want to use @INC because I have some problems with debugging then. Breakpoints don't work. But this is another issue. I am still trying to figure out what this happens.

My question here was: Do I have to use @INC by setting PERL5LIB or is there another way to specify the "Perl Include Path" for epic_links?

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2013-04-25

I think everything looks as it should regarding epic_links. I believe it is hidden in Navigator on purpose but cannot be hidden in Project Explorer so it shows up there. It's not a Perl project, just a kludge to reference files outside the workspace which Eclipse doesn't allow to do otherwise. So it doesn't have nor need its own @INC. You should use project @INC or PERL5LIB. Unless you put strange things into project @INC in futile attempts to "fix" stuff, it shouldn't cause problems (see also http://www.epic-ide.org/faq.php#debug which specifically tells you what NOT to put into project @iNC)