Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Syntax highlighting in 0.6.40

Help
2011-05-27
2013-05-20
  • Brett Mason
    Brett Mason
    2011-05-27

Hi there,

I've just upgraded from EPIC 0.6.36 to 0.6.40 and it seems to have broken my syntax highlighting. All function names which were once black are now a light grey colour making them very hard to read against a white background. I've attached a screen shot below.

I've tried searched for a wait to change the colour in preferences and have also tried resetting to the default colour scheme but have been unable to find a way to change the colour.

Environment is Eclipse Galileo, 32-bit Linux will all available updates installed. Rolling back to 0.6.36 corrects the problem.

Cheers,
    Brett.

• Brett Mason
    Brett Mason
    2011-05-27

Sorry stuffed up the image link, hopefully this works :-)

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2011-05-27

This is weird. Have you tried correcting the colors in Preferences?

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2011-05-27

Window > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors .. under "Appearance color options" there is "Foreground color", if you change that, the problem should be fixed.

• Brett Mason
    Brett Mason
    2011-05-29

Hitting "Restore Defaults" on the Text Editors page has corrected problem. The foreground and background colours were already set to "System Default" but I guess it was having issues picking up the Linux colour scheme.

Thanks for your help.