POD::Checker

Help
2008-01-18
2013-05-20
  • David Busby
    David Busby
    2008-01-18

Running Eclipse (3.3.1.1) on Windows XP

I have just started doing the POD thing and have been using command line podchecker filename.pm/pl/cgi to validate my POD comments.  I seem unable to get the context menu in EPIC to give results.  Like the PERL::Critic I kinda expected a tab or something I could doc that would assist in navigation to the error but have gotten no response or errors yet.

Any ideas on possible reasons other than windows??

• Jan Ploski
      Jan Ploski
      2008-01-18

Nothing in the Error Log?

• David Busby
        David Busby
        2008-01-21

Can you give me the name of the log file I need to find.  The general one for Eclipse or is there one for the EPIC errors?

• Jan Ploski
          Jan Ploski
          2008-01-21

workspace/.metadata/.log, or open the Error Log view if you have Eclipse with PDE. It's not EPIC specific.

• David Busby
            David Busby
            2008-01-21

Here is what I see get generated in the log for this specific action.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2008-01-21 13:00:17.320
            !MESSAGE A handler conflict occurred.  This may disable some commands.
            !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2008-01-21 13:00:17.320
            !MESSAGE Conflict for 'org.epic.perleditor.commands.clearMarker':
            HandlerActivation(commandId=org.epic.perleditor.commands.clearMarker,
                handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.epic.perleditor.actions.DefaultRetargetEditorDelegate),
                expression=AndExpression(ViewerContributionExpression(#PerlEditorContext,null,org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@484c6b),WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@484c6b)),sourcePriority=-2147467264)
            HandlerActivation(commandId=org.epic.perleditor.commands.clearMarker,
                handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.epic.perleditor.actions.DefaultRetargetEditorDelegate),
                expression=AndExpression(ViewerContributionExpression(#PerlEditorContext,null,org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@484c6b),WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@484c6b)),sourcePriority=-2147467264)