Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Perl Local attempting to connect to Remote Ho

Help
Anonymous
2009-11-11
2013-05-20

• Anonymous
    2009-11-11

Hi,

I am having an issue with the Debugger using the EPIC plugin. Every time I attempt to run the Debugger through Perl Local it attempts to connect to a remote host even though I am trying to run the Debugger using Perl Local. For some reason it is picking up the wrong IP address and attempting to connect to it.

Unable to connect to remote host: 10.149.89.23:5000
    Compilation failed in require.
    at /var/www/cgi-bin/automation/t/regression/login/login_details.t line 0
    main::BEGIN() called at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 0
    eval {…} called at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 0
    BEGIN failed-compilation aborted.
    Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 7496.
    at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 7496
    DB::print_help('Debugged program terminated.  Use B<q> to quit or B<R> to res…') called at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 2035
    DB::DB called at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 9422
    DB::fake::at_exit() called at /var/www/cgi-bin/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug/perl5db.pl line 8994
    DB::END() called at /var/www/cgi-bin/automation/t/regression/login/login_details.t line 0
    eval {…} called at /var/www/cgi-bin/automation/t/regression/login/login_details.t line 0
    END failed-call queue aborted.

I realise there are a couple of issues related to this problem but this is not caused by a firewall issue or anything like that. Perl Local is attempting to connect to an incorrect IP address and I do not see anywhere where I can change the settings to ensure Perl Local always attempts to connect to the localhost. If I attempt to create a new Remote Connection in Debug Configurations it also displays this incorrect Local Host IP address. I have this running successfully on a Windows machine that picks up the IP address correctly but it's not working on Linux. If anybody knows where this IP address is taken from please let me know so I can change it.

Thanks

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2009-11-11

EPIC uses the call InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress(), which in turn goes through the resolver library, which in turn relies on what is configured in /etc/hosts. Try the command 'hostname' in shell, then ping that hostname. If the reported IP address is wrong, edit /etc/hosts to fix it.

• Anonymous
    2009-11-12

Yep that was the problem. DNS was resolving to an incorrect IP. Debugger is working fine now. Thanks!!