Can not get Net::FTP::Recursive module to work with EPIC

Help
Vinnie
2014-08-03
2014-08-03
  • Vinnie
    Vinnie
    2014-08-03

I was wondering if someone out there knows what this error means and if there is a solution for it. I would like to use the Perl module Net::FTP::Recursive. I installed it using the command:

sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::FTP::Recursive'

It installed correctly, I assume, with this final line of output: sudo /usr/bin/make install -- OK
    Now, I also want to write my script using the eclipse IDE, and I downloaded the EPIC module that allows for this. I thought install the module with CPAN would allow me to use it through eclipse but no. I wasn't surprised. So, I right-clicked my Perl project -> properties -> Perl Include Path and then added this directory, which I got with this command perldoc -l Net::FTP::Recursive:

/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/Net/FTP/

This allowed eclipse to auto-complete while typing use Net::FTP and Recursive showed up in the drop down menu. However, the line got marked with an 'x' and has the message below. Please if someone can tell me a fix.

Can't locate Net/FTP/Recursive.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/Net/FTP
     /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level
     /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level
     /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level
     /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .)

• Vinnie
    Vinnie
    2014-08-03

I figured it out. The correct path to add to Perl Include Path is:

/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/

Adding that directory you can use the module with this line: use Net::FTP::Recursive;

Interestingly, you can also use this path instead /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16.3/Net/FTP/ and then use the module with this line: use Recursive;

Both ways leads to no errors during compilation, and that's is my only proof that it works atm.