Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

cgi-debugging error(breakpoints,highlighting)

Help
2010-02-11
2013-05-20
  • Licht_An_Aus
    Licht_An_Aus
    2010-02-11

Hi.

I want to debug a cgi-script. It's possible to step trough the script but there are 2 problems:

1. Breakpoints are ignored

2. The scriptfile which is executed is not automatically opened and the line in the script which will be executed is not highlighted, you only see the line number which is going to be executed in the debug-window below "Main Thread"

When another module from cgi-bin is called by the script, there is also no opening in editor and no highlighting of the executed line but when a module is called, which is not located in the cgi-bin (CPAN modules installed in cygwin) it is opened automatically in the editor an the highlighting and following of the executed line works.

Normal perlscript debugging works fine, remote debbuging also.

I am using:
    eclipse 3.5.0
    epic 0.6.35
    perl interpreter from cygwin
    on windows xp

Any suggestions?

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2010-02-11

I suggest that you don't use the cygwin Perl if you can. There is some hocus pocus necessary to translate cygwin paths to normal windows paths in EPIC, and it seems to be going wrong in your case.