2011-11-11

Using
    PERL 5.14.2 32 bit ActiveState build 1402
    PadWalker 1.9.2 installed via PPM
    EPIC 0.5.46
    Eclipse 3.7.1
    Windows XP 32 bit

New to Perl as well as Epic:
    I am able to use debugger on basic script and was originally getting message in variables view that said I needed to install PadWalker. So I installed it and no longer get message but still don't see any local variables from my script. Local Variables is checked in  menu along with global and Perl Internal Variables but local are the only vairables I can not see.

Searched forum but have not see anything.

Suggestions please…
    thanks

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2011-11-11

Are you sure your local variables are local (lexical, declared with "my")?

• baz
    baz
    2011-11-11

Excuse the newbness.. no they were then global? when I changed one to being declared with 'my' I saw it. Is it possible to see global variables(those not declared with 'my') $today = "Monday\n";

thanks for quick reply

• Jan Ploski
    Jan Ploski
    2011-11-11

If you don't use "my", the variables are package-scope, declared in the current package ('main'). In EPIC terminology "global".

You'll most likely have to upgrade to EPIC 0.6.39 (from the 'testing' line) and turn on "Show Global Variables" to display them.

• baz
    baz
    2011-11-11

Search forum again and saw one person who upgrade to test version so I did likewise upgraded to Epic 0.6.41 although 0.6.35 apparantly works as well and I now see my global variables.

Goodness!