2004-03-08
  • Johann
    Johann
    2003-11-26

I have the following setup:
    Win 2K Pro
    Eclipse 2.1
    Epic (latest as of 11/25/2003)

I have unzipped the files to the plugin folder under the eclipse directory.
    "C:\eclipse\plugins\org.epic.perleditor_0.1.0"
    I get none of the features...or options.
    - No camel icon for files
    - Nothing in the "open with..." drop down.

Can anyone please point me to help docs, or post help here.

Thank you

Johann

• Ben Imp
      Ben Imp
      2003-12-02

First of all, make sure you restart eclipse after unzipping.  They wont show up until you do.

Secondly - the first time you open the Perl perspective you may have to go to Open Perspective->Other and then choose Perl from the myriad of options there.

If you still cant see it ... I would try deleting the plugin folders for the epic editor and try reinstalling them.

• Joe Somebody
      Joe Somebody
      2004-02-24

I have the same problem. Further, there is no "Perl Perspective" in Open Perspective -> Other, nor is there a "Perl Project" in New -> Project. No Preferences -> Perl, no Perl Editor in the context menu.

I CAN, however, do Show View -> Other -> RegExp.

I've tried deleting the folders in the eclipse/plugins directory and reinstalling them. No luck.

I'm using Eclipse 2.1.2 on Win2K,

• Ben Imp
        Ben Imp
        2004-03-08

Check your plugins directory underneath your eclipse root directory.  Make sure you actually have the all of the epic packages installed.  There should be 3 or 4 ( 4 with the spellchecker ) plugin folders inside with the prefix 'org.epic'.  You may have inadvertently only installed some of the features.