Who is GHO

class101
2013-04-12
2014-07-10
  • class101
    class101
    2013-04-12

Hi gho,

I wonder how do you see c# as a c++ developer =)

I also wonder in what programming language are you working everyday

From where you come from ?

I'm a bit curious hehehe =)

In case you wonder I think I'm like you I develop programs and I like games as hell and love mixing both but not to the point of building a complete game

I also wonder if you are fine I take your sources as sample for my own open source projects

Anyway I admire your work, this is my favorite project on sf so far

Last edit: class101 2013-04-12
  • gho
    gho
    2013-04-12

C# seems a very good developing environment for professional development, but either you love it or you hate it. I never tried developing in C# for several good reasons:

1) DxWnd is not a professional product and fuck the environment productivity
    2) C# is much more heavy and bulky that C++: huge lots of libraries, components and stuff.
    3) C# doesn't let you control what you're doing exactly. You can much more easily immagine the C++ assembly output.
    4) DxWnd needs a flexible instrument that let you play the kind of tricks that in C# are still possible, but just more difficult to write.
    5) C++ make it possible to produce a plain exe that includes all languages libraries within, while C# may easily ask you to install megabytes of .NET environment and patches.
    6) C++ resembles more closely that king of languages I used to work with whe I was a programmer....

About the second question, I'm afraid I can't tell you much. Let's say I have several personal and contractual good reasons not to tell who I am. And remember: curiosity killed the cat. But if you want to get just a little more, point your browser to www.figlidigaucci.eu

I'll be happy and proud if you'll grab some of the DxWnd code and use it for your own projects. In my opinion, open source is here for this purpose. I'm also very happy to mananage your favorite open source project: it's not the kind of thing you hear every day!

Regards,
    GHO

• class101
    class101
    2013-04-13

Thank you for your kind reply, I 'm sure people will appreciate to know who is behind this amazing project =)

• cloudstr
    cloudstr
    2014-07-09

1 Tell us something about yourself:
    male, aged, boring.

2 What can you contribute us:

3 Can you Hack:
    no

4 Can you Scan:
    no

5 What's your upload speed:
    up to 100k, I guess

6 What are your skillz:
    IT professional

lol, nice! XD

• gho
      gho
      2014-07-09

Pretty good guess!
      Definitely male, and aged. Boring is up to others to tell, surely not bored.
      I could hack, but only on the ethical side. No craking, no illegal stuff. Too risky and too much to lose.
      Can I scan? I doubt it would make a greater fun than C/C++ development.
      Upload speed: uh, not measured, but it's an ADSL on twisted line. Not exciting.
      Skill: 100% exact, though the interesting things are learnt here.

• cloudstr
        cloudstr
        2014-07-10

hi gho, that's what you wrote 10 years ago in Naamloos FXP. so no guess here..... it's true XD

Last edit: cloudstr 2014-07-10
        • gho
          gho
          2014-07-10

So it's time to update my profile where I wrote "aged" adding "and with some evident problem of memory leakage"!
          ;)