RanZim - 2014-07-01

This problem is happening with DVDStyler version 2.6, running under Windows XP.

I had been using DVDStyler 1.8.2 for years with no real problems (a great piece of SW in spite its few rough edges). I installed 2.6 a few months back to get some of the improvements, and tried it out on some of my existing projects -- and it seemed to work okay.

I have now started a new project, using the same procedure I used with 1.8.2. But when I ask to generate the DVD (on the hard drive), it crashes with the Unhandled Exception (three button) dialog box. I don't see any log files etc. that give any clue as to what the problem might be.

Here's the specifics of what I am trying to do -- I have 8 VOBs that are about 60 minutes each. They are about 500MB each. Normally as I add each one I click the Do Not Remultiplex/Transcode box in the properties. I see that with 2.6 there is a new (Burn) dialog box that comes up asking if I want to Re-encode. I tried that with both Yes and No, without any change in the outcome

I found that if I only do the first three VOBs, it does not crash when I try to generate. Adding the fourth one and trying to generate results in a crash.

One more thing -- I actually recreated the whole project (with all 8 VOBs) under 1.8.2 and it worked fine, generating correct DVD files on the hard drive.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
RZ