DVD Styler and Windows 7 WMV

Help
Charlie
2014-02-03
2014-02-19
  • Charlie
    Charlie
    2014-02-03

I tried to make a dvd with a wmv made with Windows 7 version of Movie Maker. I cannot get it to work. It seems like it is making the dvd and appears to complete the task. When I go to play the dvd, nothing happens other than the title page appears, but the dvd does not play the video. Anyone else have experience making dvds from Windows 7 version of Movie Maker?

• ecodrv
    ecodrv
    2014-02-04

I am Japanese and my English is not very good.

I tried to make a dvd with a mp4 made with Movie Maker 2012(Windows 7).
    The dvd is similar.

If you use DVDStyler V2.6.1-V2.7 beta 3 and DVDStyler log "Details:" says
    "Error while decoding",
    then please try DVDStyler V2.6.
    Good luck!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdstyler/files/dvdstyler/

• Charlie
    Charlie
    2014-02-04

Your English is fine. I tried your suggestion and got the same result. It appears to burn the DVD successfully, but when I click on the item to play nothing happens not even an alarm, just nothing. I was successful making a DVD it I convert the WMV to MP4 using Any Video Converter, but I was trying not to use so many steps to make the DVD. It seems as though quality is lost with multiple steps.

Last edit: Charlie 2014-02-04
  • ecodrv
    ecodrv
    2014-02-05

I am sorry my suggestion did not help you.

I think Edward's reply will help you.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/discussion/318795/thread/7f66ae96/

I often convert the video files that DVDStyler does not like to MPEG-2 by using Any Video Converter free.
    When I use Any Video Converter free V5.5.5,
    icon[Select output profile] -> icon[Video Files] -> [Common Video Formats] -> [DVD video NTSC Movie] -> [Convert Now!].

At "Properties - Title number" window of DVDStyler, if we select "do not remultiplex/transcode" or "Video:" "Copy" "Audio:" "Copy", the quality is kept.

Last edit: ecodrv 2014-02-06
  • Charlie
    Charlie
    2014-02-06

Thanks, I will give that a try. So much to learn.

• hagaren9
    hagaren9
    2014-02-19

Post awaiting moderation.