Menu

Menu Creation on Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 (64bit)

Help
2014-11-10
2014-11-11
  • Selwyn Orren

Selwyn Orren - 2014-11-10

Hello,

Firstly I really feel I need to congratulate the developer for this magnificent software application. I have used Adobe Encore before and I seriosuly think that DVDstyler kicks ***.

I was using DVDStyler for a school play project last week. I compile it from the 2.8rc3 source available here (2.9 beta not available for linux).

It worked perfectly, without any issues. I was not entirely happy with the quality of the DVD, but thats a whole other matter for myself - lol.

On Friday I upgraded to Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 and tried to recompile again the same soure code I downloaded. Kept on giving me errors (I am not sure what to copy and paste here to be of use - so sorry).

I then descided to install the version available in the repo itself (2.7.2) and thats when the weirdness started. I created the project, but when I tried to burn the project its just kid of stalls (stall is not the right word really. Let me try describe). It starts creating the first menu (1 of 5) and stays doing that job. I left it overnight only to find a 63GB first menu in my tmp directory that plays over 36 hours of video (of the first menu).

I tried to deactivate the option of using mplex for menu's but that just crashed DVDStyler on burning.

I then tried to finish the project using one of my windows boxes (windows 7 64bit) and it ran successfully, but no menus were created when I tried on on a dvd player, just a black screen.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am really stumped. I use DVDStyler quite a bit.

Thanks in advance

• Selwyn Orren

Selwyn Orren - 2014-11-11

I have managed to solve the issue