Does NOT Accept Mixed Aspect Ratio Output !!!!

Help
2014-01-15
2014-01-17
  • TrueAquarian
    TrueAquarian
    2014-01-15

Great software. Keeps getting better and better, I mean the Windows Version. Love it!
    However, I suggest adding the possibility of getting an output DVD which has mixed 16:9 and 4:3 content like CX2D to avoid altering the video aspect ratios in case of various videos with different AR's which gets the videos distorted. For instance, the video gets too small in the case of 4:3 videos converted to 16:3, yet there's no option for leaving it as 4:3, otherwise all the titlesets are converted to 4:3 even though I only want to change the AR of one titleset.
    Thanks

• JMJ
    JMJ
    2014-01-16

I'm not sure I uderstand your post.

It's been a long time since I used ConvertXtoDVD but as I recall it only use one title in a titleset in contrast to DVDStyler that can have multiple title in a titleset?

But basically you can't have different aspect in a titleset on a DVD. You can have multiple titleset each with its own aspect. Here's how:

Cheers

• TrueAquarian
    TrueAquarian
    2014-01-17

Ok, this is what I meant. With CX2DVD, there's an auto setting which guesses the closest aspect ratio of a video and sets it that way. Such that, if a video has A size close to 4:3 or 16:3 it will remain unchanged, so if I have multiple video clips, say I'm compiling a music video DVD, I'll have both 4:3 and 16:3 aspect ratio videos output on the same DVD without forcing them to be uniform.
    But for DVDstyler, there's no auto, but even when I try to change the AR of one video, all the other videos in the titleset, change as well. I can't have videos of the two ARs on one disk like CX2DVD. Do you get me now, JMJ?

Sorry I can't check out the streaming video right now. Serious Websense restrictions at Campus.
    But will check it out later.
    Thanks

• JMJ
    JMJ
    2014-01-17

The difference between CX2DVD and DVDStyler is that CX2DVD only use one title within a titleset whereas DVDStyler can have up to 99 titles in a titleset. You can only have one aspect in a titleset, either 4:3 or 16:9.

You could group all your 4:3 videos in one titleset and the 16:9 in another (or use a titleset for each title as CX2DVD does - rather cumbersome :-))

I think the video will clearify it.

Cheers